We’ve finally come up with an action plan for the new baby’s stuff & for the house, last minute as always.
Lots to do… I’m glad we waited until I can barely move to figure things out. I really don’t see how this will get done before she gets here. 😠
Things to do to get the house in order & before baby comes:
Sewing-room / Evie’s Nursery:
- Move the spare bed out of the sewing-room, to curb. Call for pickup.
- Move Bronson’s dresser into the sewing-room for Evie’s clothes.
- Clean all new baby stuff in dye-free detergent before putting away.
- Move Bronson’s glider into the sewing-room.
- Move game-room closet stuff to master closet.
- Move sewing-room closet stuff to game-room closet.
- Use sewing-room closet for Evie’s clothes, & stuff.
- Buy new crib mattress & set up crib in sewing room.
Other Evie stuff:
- Clean & reorganize master bedroom.
- Get bassinet out of garage. Clean. Set up next to master bed.
- Buy new AC vent cover. Instal in master-bedroom, to turn air away from bassinet.
- Get stored baby stuff out of garage cabinet. Clean.
- Clean out playpen. Reattach attachments for newborn.
- Swap the Recliner & the lovseat in the living room.
- Set up baby swing next to recliner.
- Reorganize bottle /sippy caddy in kitchen to make room.
- Buy under-cabinet drawers for hall-bathroom.
- Move Cris’s bathroom stuff to master-bath
- Organize Bronson’s & Evie’s bathroom stuff in hall-bathroom.
For me, the Mama:
- Clean carseat. Attach carseat base to backseat.
- Pack hospital bag w/paperwork, &
- Pack baby’s diaper bag for hospital.
Things to do for Bronson’s-room:
- Get closet organizer for Bronson’s sheets, etc., to replace his dresser.
- Move gaming ottoman chairs into Bronson’s room to replace his glider.
- Move all toys from living room into his room. (may need additional toy storage).
- Buy sand. Move sandbox outside.
- Re-organize game-room. Move desk & paperwork from dining room to game-room desk.
Shopping List (tier-1):
- New Crib Mattress.
- New AC Vent Cover for master-bedroom.
- Closet organizer for Bronson.
- New Baby Bottles (5oz & 10oz)
- New carseat newborn attachment
- Small hangers. (lots!)
- Under-cabinet drawers for bathroom
- (still thinking…)
Shopping List (tier 2):
- Memory book
- Sand for outdoor sandbox
- Newborn girls’ headbands
- Delivery gown
- (still thinking…)
There is still a lot to do, obviously. There is no way we’ll be ready in time.